Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a library card?
Bring in a picture ID and proof of residence. If you do
not have those forms of identification, contact the
Circulation Department at (817) 431-9011 and they will help you.
Non-residents may check out materials from Keller's collection with
the purchase of an annual $25.00 non-resident card (senior citizens 62 years of age or older are entitled to 50% off the cost of non-resident cards).
- What is the loan period for library materials?
All materials are circulated for three weeks, excluding movies and magazines which can be checked out for one week.
- Can I renew my items over the phone? What other account services are available by phone?
You may renew by phone, excluding videos and magazines which cannot be renewed. To renew your materials through the automated phone system, call (817) 871-7771. At this phone number, you can also list titles on loan, list or cancel titles on hold, hear your current fines, and list overdue items. Call the Circulation Department if you have any other questions or need help using this system.
- What are your fines on late materials?
$1.00 per day for videos, and twenty cents a day for all other materials.
- How can I place a hold/have the library reserve materials for me?
Non-residents must place holds through the circulation desk, either by phone or in person.
Residents may place holds through the circulation desk, in the Library on the Public Access Catalogs, or online.
For Residents, to place holds online:
- Go to the Keller Library Web Site, www.kellerlibrary.org
- Click on "Library Collection"
- Search for and select the record for your desired item
- Click on "Patron Hold"
- Enter your Library Card Barcode
- Follow finishing instructions
- Your book will be delivered to the location you select.
- What other account services are available online and how do I get to them?
To access account services online, go to www.kellerlibrary.org and select the My Account tab.
Logon, being sure to try all permutations of your birthdate, including the / marks to separate day, month, year, etc.
Your account overview automatically displays.
Select the Checked Out tab to view:
Items checked out to you. (You can also try to renew items here.)
Select the Holds tab to view: Requested items ready for checkout. Requested items not ready. (You can also cancel your holds here.)
Select Fines/Blocks to view: Messages on your record. Your fines and what items they are for.
Select Profile to view: Your contact information and request changes to this information.
- Do you have a copy machine and how much do you charge for copies?
Yes. The copies are $.10.
- Do you have a fax machine for the public?
No. Local businesses that provide fax services include Kroger, Tom Thumb, Keller Office Supply, and the UPS Store.
- I lost my library card. What should I do?
New library cards are issued to patrons who bring in a picture I.D. for a .50 cent fee.
- Do you do Interlibrary loans?
- Do you have the current bestsellers?
Yes. However, you may have to be placed on a reserve list
to check them out.
Return to the Keller Library Home Page